Monday, October 10, 2011

[GT-S5660][ROM] Jonas Hendrickx's ROM v3.1 [2.3.5][XXKS2]

0 comments

Please donate to accelerate development proces!
If you want development to continue please donate, this project may else be discontinued because I will have to sell my phone if I don't get enought money. I need to buy things for school


About this ROM
This ROM is all about battery, performance and stability. GioPro, SimpliGio, and Sgg dt have many tweaks which are not working due to syntax errors. While some others may work but are not optimized for our Gio. Don't get me wrong. They are great roms! But I hope I can correct what I feel they did wrong.

Donations
Please donate if you like me work.

Why should you donate me?

I have to live too, I also like to spend donation money on a second Gio or research. I won't spend the money for myself. Why am I asking for donations? Well first of all I think our Galaxy Gio is capable of being a great phone. And I hope I can pay developers at XDA for sharing some information if they look down at me when asking them for free.

During the programming proces I may brick my phone. So I have to be extremely careful because I don't have one in reserve.

Screenshots


Features
- ROM Base: XXKS2 (Android 2.3.5)
- Stock rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
Custom themes
- Fixed Gingerbread lag
- Clean ROM
- Improved performance
- Improved battery life
- Improved stability
- Integrated APP2SD by darktremor
- Tweaks from GioPro, SimplyGio, Sgg dt and even tweaked them for better results

Work in progress & researching
- EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, JFS, XFS
- Undervolting
- Overclocking
- Making a big manual for newbies on how to make a ROM.
- I will mod each apk file for better performance / user experience

Downloads
v3.1 - GT-S5660XXKS2(2.3.5)
v2.3 - GT-S5660XXKQG(2.3.4)
Download List
Froyo KC6 build of my ROM is coming soon for those who do not like Gingerbread
Donate me if you like my work

Installation procedure
Download mode: Volume down + Home + Power button (do this when talking about flashing with odin)
Recovery mode: Homebutton + power button (do this when talking about wiping data,cache and dalvik cache)

1. Download v3.1 - GT-S5660XXKS2(2.3.5) first.
2. Flash with Odin and OPS file
3. Boot into CWM Recovery: Home + Powerbutton (hold both)
4. Wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache

app2sd 1. Format partitions like this: 1-fat32 & 2-ext2 (Use EASUS Partition Manager for example to do the job)
app2sd 2. Run APPSDGUI and change whatever you want.
app2sd 3. Reboot

Helping
Help is greatly appreciated. If you are interested to share information let me know...

Themes
If you are experienced in theming, feel free to do so for my ROM. I will happily add them to this page.

Credits
1Jonathan1
dharamg3
r33p


Changelog

-v3.1 06/10/2011
- Forgot to deodex and zipalign in previous version. This ROM is now deodexed and zipaligned
-v3.0 06/10/2011
- Updated base to XXKS2(2.3.5)
-v2.3 02/10/2011
- Dalvik heapsize increased to 80m for testing.
- init.d auto detect scripts
- APP2SDGUI integrated
- And some more tweaks.
-v2.2 22/09/2011
-v2.1 19/09/2011
_______________________________________________________________
Version 1.1 uploaded at http://code.google.com/p/gt-s5660-jonashendrickx-rom

Added app2sd support

Let me know what you think of it

Leave a Reply

 
Mobile phone NEWS © 2011 DheTemplate.com & Main Blogger. Supported by Makeityourring Diamond Engagement Rings

You can add link or short description here